Where Can I Get Tested For Trichomoniasis?
https://www.cdc.gov/std/trichomonas/stdfact-trichomoniasis.htmShould I use a home trichomoniasis test? We sure think so! When it comes to trich, almost everyone should be tested.
Put simply, trich is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections. In the United States, an estimated 3.7 million people are carrying trich. Unfortunately, the tricky part about trich is: many of these folks don’t realize they are infected!
In truth, over 70% of these people will never develop any detectable or visible symptoms. Because of this, it is important to test on a routine basis. That’s true whether you experience symptoms or not.
Today, let’s explore this infection to see why a home trichomoniasis test may be the right choice for you.
What are the Symptoms of Trich?
As we’ve mentioned, it is possible that you will not experience any of these telltale signs. When signs and symptoms of trich do occur, here are some things to watch for:
- vaginal discharge
- foul smelling vaginal odor
- itching or redness in the vaginal area
- discomfort and burning after urination
- itching inside the penis
- discharge from the penis
- discomfort during intercourse
- burning after ejaculation
Trich may be quite common, but luckily it is also one of the most “curable” STDs. However, you need to realize that you are infected before you can be treated. Therefore, the only way to know your status is to take a home trichomoniasis test.
Testing Options for Home Trichomoniasis Test Kits
The most direct option is to use a single, dedicated trich test. Of course, regular testing extends far beyond trich. Therefore, if you’re testing for one infection, why not test for a whole battery of them at once?
myLAB Box offers combination packages for just this situation. By testing for several common STIs at once, you will be able to take greater control of your overall health.
Here are some of the options offered by myLAB Box:
- Safe Box: This 5-panel kit screens for HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis.
- Uber Box: This 8-panel kit screens for HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Herpes Simplex Type II, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis.
- Love Box: This 8-panel test screens for the same infections that are included with the Uber Box, but includes a second test so that couples can test together.
- Total Box: This comprehensive 14-panel test screens for HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Syphilis, Chlamydia (genital, throat, + rectal), Gonorrhea (genital, throat, + rectal), Trichomoniasis and Mycoplasma genitalium. Women who are 30 years of age and older can add the option to test for HPV as well.
Understanding the True Value of a Home Trichomoniasis Test
Testing from home is significantly easier than visiting a clinic or doctor’s office. With home testing kits, you can test at any time and from any place. There isn’t a need to waste your time sitting in a crowded waiting room all day. You can also avoid facing awkward face-to-face conversations about your bedroom activities. Instead, simply follow myLAB Box’s convenient process to get your secure, lab-certified results.
Here’s how it works:
- Order your STD panel kit online. Don’t worry, we even include free shipping!
- Test yourself at any time and from any place using the easy-to-follow instructions. This part only takes five minutes! Send your sample back to the lab with the pre-paid return envelope that comes with your kit.
- Get results online in a matter of days. You’ll receive an email, after which you can log into a secure portal for your private lab-certified results.
No matter what, routine screening for any and all common infections, including trichomoniasis, is absolutely vital. It allows us to take total control of our sexual health. So don’t stress, just test!