What To Do If There Isn’t an STD Testing Clinic Near Me
When taking control of their sexual health, many Americans ask themselves: “Is there an STD testing clinic near me?” This is a great inquiry, and a sign that they are taking all the necessary steps to keep themselves (and their partners) healthy.
Traditionally, these people would need to go to a clinic, or to a doctor’s office in order to screen for sexually transmitted diseases and infections.
Sure, you can make an appointment and be on your way to a clean bill of sexual health – now all you’ll need to do is:
- take time off from work
- drive to the clinic
- sit in the waiting room for what seems like an eternity
- talk with the doctor about the intimate details of your sexual history
- set a follow-up visit to get your results and / or treatment
This older “in-person” screening model is still the default way that many people choose. For many of us, this leads to other important questions:
- “What if there isn’t an STD testing clinic near me?”
- “I can’t get time off work to visit a clinic, what now?”
- “What if I’m too shy to face the waiting room?”
- “What if I am physically unable to get to a clinic?”
That’s where at home STI testing comes into the picture! There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a clinic or doctor, but as science and technologies progress, so have our testing options.
No STD Testing Clinic Near Me? What Now?
It’s easy to see the benefits of in-person testing. You sit down with a medical professional or doctor, who can allay your fears on the spot. For many people, this is a tried-and-true solution.
There are a great many clinics around the United States. That said, depending on where you are located and your access to transportation, that tricky “Is there an STD testing clinic near me?” question can have a very different answer for some people.
Getting to the clinic can be difficult. Due to a disability or lack of transportation, some of us don’t have the means to travel to the testing area. Others simply cannot afford to take time off from work to visit the clinic. An in-person testing center across town might as well be as far as the moon for these people.
myLAB Box’s service eliminates this problem. Its at home testing kits offer the same lab-certified results as the ones you would receive from any clinic. The only real difference is that now you can avoid the hassle and inconvenience of needing to test in person. Now you can test anytime and anyplace. It couldn’t be more convenient! Timing, accessibility, nervousness are no long excuses for you to avoid taking control of your health.
myLAB Box’s at home STI test service is designed to eliminate these woes.
How Does a Home STI Testing Kit Work?
Skip the worry and the trip. You can test with myLAB Box at home tests.. The process is as simple and painless as possible. Order online, take the test within 5 minutes and check your lab-certified results through a secure website.
Here’s the myLAB Box process:
- 1-3 days after you click “order,” your test package will arrive at your door in a discreet package.
- It only takes 5 minutes to complete the test. Take as much time as you need to send it back!
- Pop it back in the mail with our return-addressed stamped envelope.
- You can expect to receive lab-certified results in just a few days.
Our results are processed at certified labs in the United States. These labs are of the same caliber as the ones you’ll find at clinics and hospitals. myLAB Box is absolutely committed to your personal privacy. Your test results are stored on a secure server that only you will be able to access.
If you’d like to learn more about this process, here is our in-depth article about how long STD test results take for myLAB Box customers.
Testing-to-Treatment From Home
Do you like the idea of skipping that trip to the clinic, but wish you could still speak to a doctor? myLAB Box has you covered.
Anyone who receives positive test results from myLAB Box’s tests will be offered a free phone consultation with a certified STI counselor. If you live in a state that allows telemedicine – and most do – you can even be prescribed your treatment right over the phone.
No STD testing clinic near me? No Problem!
Home testing is a major breakthrough in self-care. Now you won’t have to schedule an appointment or experience the awkwardness of a visit to the clinic.
myLAB Box tests for all of the most common sexually transmitted infections and diseases. Screen for multiple infections at one-shot, thanks to our combination test packages. Cover all bases with the versatile Total Box, which tests for 10 STIs with one kit. Alternately, the new Love Box let’s you test with your partner for maximum peace of mind.
Early detection of sexually transmitted infections can save lives and stop the spread of STDs among unknowing partners. No matter how you test, you should feel comfortable with your decision. At-home testing is the convenient new way to care for your sexual health.
- Access to Care Issues for African American Communities: Implications for STD Disparities. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2003. .
- Risk Behaviors, Medical Care, and Chlamydial Infection Among Young Men in the United States. AJPH. 2002. .
- Barriers to HIV-Testing Among Hispanics in the United States: Analysis of the National Health Interview Survey, 2000. Aids Patient Care and ST. 2000. .