At-Home HIV Test
- Private and highly accurate
- Lab results in 2-5 days
- Free physician consults for positive results
- 100% pain free
- Free shipping with every order
This product is available only for customers from the state of Utah. For more guidance, see “What combination of tests should I use?” below.
Test from the privacy of home
Lab Certified 5-minute test
Get results in 2–5 days
About HIV Home TestThe myLAB Box HIV home test enables you to conveniently and discreetly test for HIV in the comfort of your own home. With a simple prick on the finger you can know your results in 2-5 days, without any of the awkward conversations and hassle that comes with a test at the doctor’s office or a clinic. Kits included: 1 (one) mail-in kit testing for HIV-1 and HIV-2 and sample collection instructions. Tests for: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Results are obtained using a Combo Antigen/Antibody ELISA for the qualitative detection of HIV p24 antigen and antibodies to HIV type 1 (HIV-1 groups M and O) and HIV type 2 (HIV-2) in human blood.
- As reliable as tests used by doctors and hospitals with over 99.9% accuracy.
- 2-way postage and lab service fees included
- Free telemedicine physician consults available if you test positive
Who should get an HIV test?You may want to get tested for HIV if:
- If you have had vaginal, anal or oral sex
- If you have shared drug injection equipment used by another person
Why is a test that uses a blood spot better than an oral fluid test?Our HIV home test uses a self-collected finger stick and blood spot card that is mailed to a qualified lab because it yields more accurate and reliable results. According to the CDC, blood based testing finds infection earlier than oral fluid testing. Up to 1 in 12 people may receive a false-negative result with tests that use oral fluid.
How our at-home HIV test worksIn addition to being fast, convenient and accurate, the myLAB Box at-home HIV test system is simple to use. All of our test kits include a detailed set of instructions with illustrations. If you have any questions, our professionally trained counselors are available throughout the testing process, to provide any assistance that you may need.
- Order online You begin the process by simply ordering our at-home HIV test kit from the myLAB Box website. The shipping of your test kit is free of charge, and will be sent to you in discreet packaging.
- Collect your sample Using the retractable safety lancet provided in your test kit, simply prick your finger and gently dab drops of blood on the blood specimen card included in the test kit. You will only need enough blood to five circles the size of a dime.
- Ship the Sample You ship your sample by storing it in an enclosed weather resistant protective pouch, which is shipped directly to an accredited laboratory in a self-addressed, pre-paid envelope that’s included with your kit.
- Laboratory analysis Our CLIA-certified laboratory partners test your sample. All at-home HIV test kits have been fully validated according to state and federal guidelines. Our certified laboratory partners only use the most current methods that are known worldwide to have the highest level of accuracy for clinical diagnostic testing. Your blood sample will be tested by laboratories using the exact same test ordered by doctors’ offices, hospitals and clinics, ensuring greater than 99.9% accuracy.
- Check your results The results of your test will be available in your private HIPAA-compliant online account within 2-5 days from mailing back your sample to one of our laboratory partners. You will also be able to download a written copy of your results by clicking on the “Download” button next to your test results.
- Post-test counseling You have the option to receive post-test counseling by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you test positive using the myLAB Box at-home HIV test service, your telemedicine physician consultation is completely free of charge.
The only way to know for sure whether you have HIV is to get tested
myLAB Box works only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.
HIV, or Human Immunodeficiency Virus, is a virus that attacks your body’s immune system. If HIV is left untreated, it may lead to acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, or AIDS, for which there is currently no cure. The human body cannot rid itself of HIV, but with proper medical care, HIV can be controlled. Antiretroviral therapy, or ART, is known to prolong the lives of people infected with HIV, and in some cases lower their chance of infecting others. Before the introduction of ART in the mid-1990s, people with HIV could progress to AIDS in just a few years. But with ART, someone diagnosed with HIV and treated before the disease has advanced to AIDS can have an arguably normal life expectancy.
A number of symptoms associated with the flu may be early signs of HIV. These include:
- Swollen lymph nodes (generally in the neck)
Other possible symptoms are muscle and joint pain, sore throat, and ulcers in the mouth or on the genitals. Some people also experience night sweats and diarrhea.
For more information about HIV visit the CDC website.
What happens if I test positive?
If you do test positive, instruction will be provided to you on how to obtain a free telemedicine consultation with a physician in your state.
You should also contact your sexual partners to tell them you have tested positive. This may be an uncomfortable conversation, but it’s crucial to encourage your partner(s) to get tested right away.
Order online on your mobile, tablet or PC
Collect & mail in your sample in 5 minutes
Get lab-certified results online in 1-5 days
These tests are being sponsored by the Utah Department of Health and Human Services at no cost to you. Although the tests may be free, there may be some additional cost associated with treatment or further therapies. This will be discussed with those who test positive for an infection at the time of the physician consultation. Additional referrals may be necessary in order to get you the adequate treatment and resources you may need.
myLAB Box offers individuals with laboratory services for wellness monitoring. All tests are validated by myLAB Box clinical laboratory affiliates. Results are comparable to samples collected in a physician’s office or clinical laboratory. Tests used in myLAB Box kits have been developed and performance characteristics determined by myLAB Box clinical laboratory affiliates. These tests are used for clinical purposes only. They should not be regarded as investigational or for research. myLAB Box clinical laboratory affiliates are regulated under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) of 1988 as qualified to perform high complexity clinical testing and follow the guidelines of the College of American Pathologists (CAP). The tests, and services are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure disease. All information given as to the use of the tests is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for a physician’s consultation. In the event you test positive and have a telemedicine consultation with your ordering physician (licensed in your state) or his/her designate, all additional health care instructions, ongoing care, and possible need for prescriptions if not provided will be your responsibility to obtain from your own healthcare provider. Copies of your test results will be made available for you to share with your healthcare provider. If you do not have a health care provider, you can search for one on the internet, get recommendations from family or friends, call your local county medical society or local hospital physician referral service, or seek care from a local urgent care facility.