Using At Home Herpes Test
If you’re curious about how to use your at home herpes test kit, you’ve come to the right place. First of all, testing from the comfort of home is easy and convenient.
Understanding Genital Herpes
If you’re ordering a genital herpes at home test using home collection from myLAB Box, chances are high that you’re familiar with herpes. But many people may not know the complexities of this sexually transmitted infection. Briefly, herpes in the context of sexual health is often referred to as either herpes simplex virus “type 2 (HSV-2)” or “type 1 (HSV-1).”
- HSV-2, known as genital herpes, infects the genital and anal areas and is due to penile-vaginal sex or penile-anal sex.
- HSV-1, known as oral herpes, can infect the genital area as a result of transmission from the mouth to the genital area through oral sex. Additionally, HSV-1 can also be passed genitally by penile-vaginal sex or penile-anal sex.
The myLAB Box’s genital herpes at home test using home collection checks exclusively for the HSV-2 variety.
What are the Symptoms of HSV-2?
HSV-2 doesn’t always show visible symptoms, but when symptoms are present, here’s what to look for:
- Sores in or around the genitals
- Headaches, body aches, or swollen lymph nodes
- Tingling or shooting pains in the legs, hips, or buttocks
It is still possible to contract this infection when an infected person is not showing symptoms during an outbreak. In addition, it can affect your overall health if left untreated. That’s why it is so important to order an at home genital herpes test kit.
How To Use a Genital Herpes At Home Test Using Home Collection
You can order a genital herpes test online and get tested from the comfort of home. For example, the genital herpes (HSV-2) test myLAB Box offers tests for HSV-2 antibodies. myLAB Box does not offer testing for HSV-1 antibodies because of the difficulty interpreting these test results.
Here’s how it works:
- Order any of myLAB Box’s STI testing kit options online. Additionally, you can test for multiple infections at once using a combination test kit. Combination test kits that include a genital herpes at home test using home collection are the Uber Box, Total Box and Love Box.
- Collect a sample using the easy-to-follow instructions. This only takes about five minutes!
- Send the sample off for testing.
- Receive your lab results online in just days.
As you can see, testing from the comfort of home is simple and thorough. Within days, you’ll receive your lab results. myLAB Box offers a free phone consultation with a physician affiliate regardless of whether your results are positive or negative.
Reviewed by Luis Ferdinand M. Papa, MD, MHA