At Home Coronavirus (COVID-19) Test – Nasal
- Screen for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Mail-in kit for home use
- Viral detection test using shallow nasal swab sample
- Gold standard PCR technology
- Simple collection in 5 minutes or less
- Results in as little as 24 hours
- Free physician consult for positives
- Free overnight shipping included
- FDA authorized
Fast, easy, and affordable at-home testing
Test from the
privacy of home
5 minute test
in 2 - 5 days
Testing for COVID-19
The COVID-19 At-Home Nasal Test was developed by a CLIA-certified high complexity clinical laboratory capable of large volume testing. All testing follows the FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for conducting COVID-19 testing.
The test collection kit uses a non-invasive self-collected shallow nasal swab sample. This type of sample collection is much simpler to perform than the current nasopharyngeal (NP) swab which requires passing a swab through the nostril into the back of the nose and throat. Self-collection of shallow nasal swab is painless and reduces the risk of spreading COVID-19 to the public and to healthcare providers compared to collecting NP swabs in the office or hospital.
The sample is sent by free 2-day shipping directly to the laboratory for processing. The laboratory uses a combination of viral RNA extraction and amplification along with PCR to detect the COVID-19 virus if present. The accuracy of this test has been validated and is authorized by the FDA under an EUA.
Test results will be available in as little as 24 hours after your specimen arrives at the laboratory. Results will be posted on the myLAB Box HIPAA-compliant confidential customer portal. From the time you place your order, it should take 5-6 days to receive your results, allowing time for shipping your sample to the clinical laboratory.
As required by law, COVID-19 tests must be ordered by a physician licensed in your state. myLAB Box utilizes the services of a 50 state physician-affiliate who orders the test following revised CDC testing recommendations (CDC Testing Recommendations for COVID-19). In the event that you test positive for COVID-19 infection, you will be offered a post-test counseling consultation within 24 hours.
For more details on the testing process and detailed instructions, please refer to the myLAB Box At-Home COVID-19 Test Collection Kit – Unsupervised – Instructions for Patients:
- This test has not been FDA cleared or approved;
- This test has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories;
- This test has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens; and
- This test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
Who should be tested and why?
To limit the spread of the COVID-19 epidemic in the United States, it is important to test at-risk individuals in the community. Infected individuals can then isolate at home, reducing the likelihood that they will infect others. In addition, contacts of infected individuals can themselves be tested, and if infected, stay home as well.
There are many reasons for ordering a test for COVID-19:
- Symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection (see *** below)
- Exposure to a lab-confirmed COVID-19 infected individual
- Travel overseas in places with large numbers of COVID-19 infected individuals
- Employment in industries such as grocery stores, pharmacies, nursing homes, transportation, delivery services, warehouse/distribution, and banking
- Have a chronic condition such as chronic lung disease (asthma/emphysema/COPD), diabetes mellitus, heart disease, chronic kidney or liver disease, cancer, immunocompromised conditions, or receiving immunosuppressive drugs
*** If you have any of the following emergency warning signs and symptoms of a serious COVID-19 infection (difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion or inability to arouse, bluish lips or face), please do NOT order a test for COVID-19. Please instead call your health care provider immediately, and failing to reach them, go to the nearest emergency room or dial 911.
1 in 3 people have an STD yet 80% have no symptoms
We work only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of STD diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.
FSA / HSA cards
Background on the COVID-19 virus
Human coronaviruses are common and are typically associated with mild illness, similar to the common cold. COVID-19 is an illness caused by a new (novel) form of the human coronavirus called Severe Acute Respiratory Coronavirus, also known as SAR-CoV-2. For simplicity, we refer to this new virus as the COVID-19 virus or COVID-19 for short.
What we now know is that COVID-19 is a contagious disease that is spread from an infected to an uninfected person through:
- Respiratory droplets and aerosols when you cough, sneeze, sing or talk
- Close personal contact such as touching, hugging or shaking hands, and
- Touching something with the virus on it and then touching your eyes, nose or mouth before washing your hands.
Infection with COVID-19 can cause:
- No symptoms (individual is asymptomatically infected)
- Mild symptoms such as cough, mild fever, sore throat, headache, body ache, and fatigue
- Severe symptoms including moderate to severe difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion or inability to arouse, and bluish lips or face.
About 80% of infected individuals have mild symptoms or often no symptoms at all. Symptoms usually develop 2-14 days after exposure to an infected person, on average about 5 days later. Symptoms may progress from mild to severe in a short period of time, from a few hours to a few days.
Infected individuals may shed virus for a few days before they become symptomatic. Viral shedding can last up to two weeks afterwards. Viral shedding in asymptomatic individuals contributes to transmission of the COVID-19 virus, resulting in new infections. Recent estimates suggest that many new infections are the result of infection by individuals with no or unrecognized symptoms.
It is recommended that persons with COVID-19 infection who are symptomatic should have home isolation for 10 days from when symptoms first appeared. And persons with COVID-19 infection who are asymptomatic should have home isolation for 10 days from the date of the first positive test.
In the interest of caution, individuals who are home isolating should have at least two consecutive COVID-19 viral tests collected 24 or more hours apart. Prior to ending home isolation, individuals should have two negative test results.
Additional information can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Fast, Easy & Private
Order online on your mobile, tablet or PC
Collect & mail in your sample in 5 minutes
Get lab-certified results online in 1-5 days
* Free physician telemedicine consult if positive.
You may also like…
myLAB Box offers individuals with laboratory services for wellness monitoring. All tests are validated by myLAB Box clinical laboratory affiliates. Results are comparable to samples collected in a physician’s office or clinical laboratory. Tests used in myLAB Box kits have been developed and performance characteristics determined by myLAB Box clinical laboratory affiliates. Tests have not been approved by the US Federal and Drug Administration (FDA), although individual components of some tests performed in the laboratory are FDA-cleared. The FDA has determined that such clearance or approval is not necessary for laboratory-developed tests such as those offered by my LAB Box. These tests are used for clinical purposes only. They should not be regarded as investigational or for research. myLAB Box clinical laboratory affiliates are regulated under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) of 1988 as qualified to perform high complexity clinical testing and follow the guidelines of the College of American Pathologists (CAP). The tests, and services are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure disease. All information given as to the use of the tests is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for a physician’s consultation. In the event you test positive and have a telemedicine consultation with your ordering physician (licensed in your state) or his/her designate, all additional health care instructions, ongoing care, and possible need for prescriptions if not provided will be your responsibility to obtain from your own healthcare provider. Copies of your test results will be made available for you to share with your healthcare provider. If you do not have a health care provider, you can search for one on the internet, get recommendations from family or friends, call your local county medical society or local hospital physician referral service, or seek care from a local urgent care facility.
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, it is best to self isolate and to speak with a healthcare provider for further instructions. If you think you have a medical emergency, call 911 or proceed to the closest emergency room.
Tests for COVID-19 have been authorized by the FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories. These tests are only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.