Testing for STDs on a regular basis is one of the keys to maintaining good sexual health. Fortunately, it is possible to test for STDs without ever stepping foot in a doctor’s office or clinic. There are a number of other ways to get tested, including taking an at-home STD test from Walmart.
The pricing on these STD tests at Walmart ranges from under $100 to over $300, depending on what type of kit you purchase.
What is an At-Home STD Test From Walmart?
While there isn’t a branded Target or Walmart STD test, you can purchase myLAB Box’s home STD tests online through both retailers. After all, you do want to get your test and results from the industry experts, don’t you?
Lucky for you, the experts here at myLAB Box have created the first nationwide at-home STD testing to treatment service. This service is completely dedicated to providing accessibility to these tests for as many people as possible.
Why? Well, this happens to be a time in the United States when STD cases have skyrocketed, reaching record levels. However, access to affordable healthcare (and the future of healthcare) has also grown increasingly hazy lately.
With that said, myLAB Box’s mission is to provide much wider access to economical STD screening products that deliver valuable and timely results and treatment options. That’s why myLAB Box now allows you to order their at home STD test online through Walmart’s website.
This expanded distribution of its screening kits means that more people will now have these tests available to them. Hopefully, an important health activity such as being tested for sexually transmitted diseases can become a routine habit. The more people who get tested, the faster we stop the spread of these infections!
What is Testing to Treatment?
MyLAB Box’s testing to treatment service gives consumers the opportunity to get reliable results directly from medical professionals. Our “testing to treatment” service means that the experts at myLAB Box see you through the entire testing process. From the moment you order your at-home STD test from Walmart straight through getting your results, myLAB Box is there to help you along the way.
If you happen to test positive, the service will even provide a free phone consultation with a physician. During this consultation, you are welcome to ask the physician questions regarding your results. The physician will explain your results, address your concerns, and help you determine your next steps.
Does Insurance Cover An At-Home STD Test From Walmart?
myLAB Box does not accept insurance. This is because myLAB Box does not want to share customer data with insurance providers or the Medical Information Bureau (MIB). If your information is sent to these parties, they may use your positive STD test results to raise your insurance premium. By not accepting insurance, myLAB Box can protect your privacy and keep your test results private.
Because myLAB Box does not accept insurance, you will need to pay for your at-home STD test out of your own pocket. But this is a small price to pay to keep your test results confidential.
Who Should Take An At Home STD Test From Walmart?
Anyone who is sexually active should consider getting tested for STDs on a regular basis. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has outlined certain guidelines that sexually active individuals should follow when determining when it is appropriate to get tested.
For example, the CDC recommends that every sexually active adult get tested for HIV at least once in their lifetime. The CDC also advises all sexually active women to get tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea once a year.
It’s especially important for you to get tested if:
- You’re entering a new relationship
- You are having unprotected sex
- Your partner has been unfaithful
- You have multiple partners
- You are exhibiting STD symptoms
The sooner you get tested, the sooner you can take control of your health.
When Should You Take An At-Home STD Test From Walmart?
If you’ve potentially been exposed to an STD, you may want to get tested right away to put your mind at ease. But it’s important to understand that STDs are not immediately detectable in your body, so taking a test too early could lead to inaccurate results.
The amount of time you will have to wait to get tested after being exposed will vary depending on the STD. For example, genital herpes may be detectable in as little as two days, but other STDs such as chlamydia and HIV can take weeks to detect. For this reason, if you test negative for an STD, it’s always best to retest after a few weeks to confirm these results.
What Does A Home STD Test At Walmart Test For?
At-home STD kits can test for a number of different STDs, including:
- Mycoplasma Genitalium
Some STD kits will test for all of these STDs, whereas others will only test for specific STDs. Make sure to read the product description carefully to ensure you choose the right test for you.
How Can Using An At Home STD Test At Walmart Benefit You?
Home STD testing puts peoples’ health back into their own hands. Home STD testing with myLAB Box is a private, reputable and convenient way to empower people to take full control of their sexual wellness.
Many people avoid taking STD tests because they don’t want to take the time to make an appointment with their physician. They may also avoid taking a test because they feel embarrassed or nervous about asking their doctor to perform one. But now, there’s no need to worry about these problems. You can take an at home STD test from Walmart in the comfort of your own home instead of having to travel to a doctor’s office or lab to get results.
It only takes five minutes to complete an at-home STD test, so you can do it whenever you have a few minutes to spare. There’s no need to wait for an appointment to open up or spend hours sitting in a waiting room in a clinic.
You may also be able to get your results faster if you take at-home STD test from Walmart instead of visiting a doctor’s office or clinic. Results are emailed to you within two to five days after the laboratory receives your sample. But if you go to a doctor’s office or clinic, you may need to wait well over a week to find out whether or not you have tested positive for an STD.
How Does Testing For STDs At Home Work?
Testing for STDs from home is simple and efficient. Here are the steps you will need to take in order to use an at home STD test from Walmart:
- Order your testing kit online on the Walmart website. Each order comes with free shipping and is sent in discreet packaging, so your neighbors and roommates won’t know what’s inside once it arrives.
- Follow the detailed testing instructions inside the kit. You may need to collect a urine, blood, or swab sample, depending on the type of STD test. The kit will contain everything you need to collect your sample and complete the test. You can take this test at any time from any place. It only takes about 5 minutes to complete the test.
- Use the prepaid envelope included in your kit to send your sample back to myLAB Box. Your sample will be sent to a CAP and CLIA certified laboratory to ensure your test results are as accurate as those you would receive in a doctor’s office or clinic. There’s free shipping on all samples, so you won’t have to spend a dime to send your sample in for testing.
- Wait patiently for your results. Your test results are sent to you via email within a few days. Click on the link in the email to view your results in a secure portal. You can access these results at any time once they are posted.
- Schedule a free phone consultation with a physician if you test positive for an STD. Prepare your questions and concerns ahead of time so you know what you would like to talk to the physician about once you have him or her on the phone. The physician can address your concerns, answer your questions, and discuss your treatment options with you during this consultation.
That’s all there is to taking an at home STD test. The best part is that you never have to step foot in a clinic or doctor’s office, but you will take the same test and get the exact same results as if you had! You can also choose from a wide range of tests designed to fit your personal needs, so you never have to pay for something you don’t need.
My Walmart STD Test Was Positive. What Should I Do?
If you test positive, there are several steps you should take right away.
First, it’s important to contact your doctor as soon as possible to discuss treatment options. Some STDs can lead to serious health complications if left untreated, so don’t delay in seeking treatment.
Many STDs can be successfully treated with a course of antibiotics or other prescription medications. If you are prescribed medication, make sure you take it as directed and follow all other instructions from your doctor.
It’s best to take another test once you have completed treatment to ensure you are no longer positive. If you are still testing positive, contact your doctor to discuss additional treatment options.
You should also notify your sexual partners as soon as possible so they can get tested and seek treatment as well.
It may be uncomfortable to tell your sexual partners that you have tested positive, but this is an important conversation that you must have to ensure they don’t spread the STD to others. Encourage your sexual partners to get tested even if they have not experienced any symptoms of an STD.
In this article
- What is an At-Home STD Test From Walmart?
- What is Testing to Treatment?
- Does Insurance Cover An At-Home STD Test From Walmart?
- Who Should Take An At Home STD Test From Walmart?
- When Should You Take An At-Home STD Test From Walmart?
- What Does A Home STD Test At Walmart Test For?
- How Can Using An At Home STD Test At Walmart Benefit You?
- How Does Testing For STDs At Home Work?
- My Walmart STD Test Was Positive. What Should I Do?