We make it easy to get tested for STDs without seeing a doctor:
If you’re wondering whether or not you can get an STD or STI test without a doctor, the answer is yes. At myLAB Box we offer a wide array of at-home STD and STI tests. If you believe you may have been infected, your best course of action is to be tested right away. At myLAB Box, we know that this can be an uncomfortable thing to deal with.
1. Order Online: this way there’s no need to book an appointment.
2. Test at Home: once you’ve received our testing kit, collect the samples requested, and mail them in.
3. Get Results: our results are the same as the results you would receive from a clinic.
4. Free Consultation: after you’ve received your results, we offer same-day physician phone calls to discuss the next steps moving forward.
Most STDs and STIs can cause serious health problems over time. If left untreated, you also risk the possibility of spreading the infection. Even if you are not showing symptoms, if you’re sexually active, you may pass it to your partner.
Testing at home gives you peace of mind and validation that you are doing what you can to protect yourself and your partners. Once it’s over, your mind can be at ease. Testing allows you to take responsibility for your sexual health. With myLAB Box, testing is quick, painless, discreet, and easy. Find the test that’s right for you.
Are you worried you may have contracted an STD or STI?
You aren’t alone. Each year, sexually transmitted diseases affect an enormous amount of people throughout the US. In 2016 alone, the CDC estimated over 110 million cases of STIs in the US. In fact, some reports suggest that at least half of all sexually active people will contract an STI at some point in their lives.
The misinformation and stigma attached to the language of sexually transmitted diseases keeps access to information at arms reach. In addition, many of these diseases and infections are either symptomless or have symptoms that are commonly mistaken for other illnesses. Regardless, sexually transmitted infections are a real threat and staying up to date with testing is vitally important.
When STDs are left untreated they can have a serious impact on your health. Side effects include, but are not limited to:
When to Get Tested
There are plenty of reasons why you should get tested for STI’s. If you are sexually active at all, you may have contracted an infection already. If any of these scenarios apply to you, you should test immediately:
· You have been with a new partner
· You have been with multiple partners
· Your current partner has been sexually active with someone besides you
· You are considering forgoing condoms with your current partner
· You show any symptoms that might point towards an STI
Schedule Regular Tests and Screenings
· Anyone who is between the ages of 13-65 should be tested for HIV.
· Anyone who has shared needles or practices unsafe sex should be tested once a year for HIV.
· All sexually active gay men should be tested every 3 to 6 months.
- Davis, Alissa PhD∗; Gaynor, Anne PhD. (2020). Testing for Sexually Transmitted Diseases in US Public Health Laboratories. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Katy M. E. Turner, Katharine J. Looker, Jonathan Syred, Adam Zienkiewicz, Paula Baraitser. (2019). Online testing for sexually transmitted infections: A whole systems approach to predicting value. PLOS ONE.
- Lauren Orser, Patrick O’Byrne. (2019). Express testing for sexually transmitted infections: clinical results. Journal of Research in Nursing.
- Sumathi Muralidhar. (2015). Molecular methods in the laboratory diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections. Indian J Sex Transm Dis AIDS.
- Gary G Whitlock, Daniel C Gibbons, Nick Longford, Michael J Harvey, Alan McOwan, and Elisabeth J Adams. (2018). Rapid testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections improve patient care and yield public health benefits. Int J STD AIDS.
As Seen On
myLAB Box works only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.