The Health Benefits of At Home Heavy Metal Testing
Knowledge about the effect of minerals, vitamins, and metals has become more readily available to the public. As a result, more and more people are using heavy metal testing to monitor their bodies to feel healthier and have more energy.
These metals are found in our environment, food, and medicines. They can easily get into our bodies, sometimes in excess and sometimes not enough.
When metals reach excessive levels, it can cause us to feel unwell and poisons our bodies causing damage.
Equally, metals that are vital to our health can cause us to feel off-balance when we don’t have enough of them.
This is why monitoring your body’s metal levels is a good idea.
What are the Signs of Heavy Metal Poisoning
You may want to try heavy metal testing if you are showing any of the following symptoms of heavy metal toxicity. The more symptoms you have, the more likely you are suffering from a metals imbalance or poisoning.
- Weight Loss – Have you noticed a change in your weight, likely without changing your normal habits or exercise regime?
- Sleep Disturbance – Do you find it difficult to sleep through the night? Often waking up constantly throughout the night.
- Weakness – Are you feeling weaker than normal, low on energy and generally off balance?
- Joint Pain – We all get aches and pains as we get older, but sometimes these aches can be removed by correcting our level of heavy metals.
- Muscle Pain – As with joint pain, muscles can ache too with metal poisoning or imbalance.
- Headaches or Migraines – If you are prone to getting regular headaches or migraines, it can be a key indicator that you should consider a heavy metal test.
- Abdominal Pain – Do you get cramps and soreness regularly without any real reason?
- Hair Loss and Thinning – For women and men, hair loss is a devastating thing. However, sometimes it can be fixed or slowed by testing for heavy metals and correcting the issue.
- Brain Fog – This is another major symptom of metal poisoning. When you struggle to think clearly, there is often an internal physiological issue.
How can I get heavy metal poisoning? Sometimes it is through consuming too much of products that contain otherwise safe amounts, but often it is caused by industrial processes or using weed killers, or by working with (or being in contact with) wood preservatives.
Who Should Do a Heavy Metal Test?
While those working with high-risk chemicals and processes are more likely to want to use a heavy metal test kit, in fact, anyone concerned about their health should consider testing sometimes.
These are some higher risk areas to consider for testing:
- Those in contact with heavy metals regularly
- Live in areas with older water supply systems
- Live in older houses that may contain toxic chemicals no longer used
- Those who suffer from thyroid problems
- Generally in poor health, but unsure of the reason
Metals such as iron and zinc are in fact essential elements to our bodies and our health. This means that using a heavy metal testing kit can not only identify if you are over the recommended levels for toxic metals but can also show you where you are lacking for essential elements.
If you are lacking essential elements, you can also feel quite unwell. But, by correcting your metal balances, you can significantly improve how you feel and often can reverse the effects of over or under absorption of metals.
What is the Best Heavy Metal Test Kit?
Home-based heavy metal test kits have been around for a while. In fact, our test kits are always reviewed by a board of physicians before being released, to ensure that they are to the highest standards and provide accurate results.
Heavy metal testing can be performed within the comfort of your own home via a simple blood test. The level of metals is measured in your blood and you will receive a detailed report of your levels.
The myLab Box heavy metal blood test measures the levels of four potentially harmful metals, i.e., cadmium, arsenic, lead, and mercury. Results will show if you have been exposed to these metals, and how much of the metal is still in your system.
Once you know your levels, you can adjust your lifestyle, or if serious you can consult with a doctor about your findings. It is always better to be informed so that you can make the move towards feeling better and living a more comfortable and energetic life.
We work only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of STD diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.
FSA / HSA cards
Single-use collection kit
Prepaid return envelope
STD Common Signs & Symptoms
Fast, Easy & Private
Order online on your mobile, tablet or PC
Collect & mail in your sample in 5 minutes
Get lab-certified results online in 1-5 days
* Free physician telemedicine consult if positive.