Gonorrhea Testing Cost Without Insurance
Your gonorrhea testing cost without insurance depends on which gonorrhea test you are taking. First, let’s get the “traditional” option out of the way. You can go to a clinic or a medical facility to be tested. However, if you are paying out-of-pocket, your gonorrhea test cost will be double what you would pay with an at-home health test. After all, your at-home test will give you the same exact accurate results, so why waste your time and money? The truth is, in addition to affordability these tests are also far more convenient. In fact, you can take your test at any time, and from any place.
Your Gonorrhea Testing Cost Guide
Gonorrhea is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections in the United States. It affects both men and women. When left untreated, it can lead to serious complications, including infertility and long-term pelvic or abdominal pain. Luckily, it is very treatable once it is diagnosed. In order to get diagnosed, your first step is to be tested!
Gonorrhea + Chlamydia
When you test for gonorrhea at home, you get more bang for your buck. This is because you can test or chlamydia with the same test sample! Your chlamydia and gonorrhea test cost – $79.
Both gonorrhea and chlamydia can affect more than just the genital region. If you practice oral or anal sex, you can also contract either of these infections in your mouth and throat or rectum area. The problem here is that the standard test at most clinics and doctor’s offices don’t screen these additional areas. Since many people feel embarrassed talking to their doctor about their sex lives (even though they shouldn’t!), their exam may not be as complete as it should be. This means that they can have an infection and not get properly diagnosed. Since you order your at-home test online, and it arrives in a discreet package, there is no need to feel embarrassed. Only empowered. This three-site Extragenital test kit screens for both gonorrhea and chlamydia in all three areas – your mouth, genital, and rectal areas – in order to give you a more comprehensive diagnosis. If you practice oral and anal sex, this is the test for you. – $179
Combination Panel Test Kits
There are also a number of combination panel test kits that allow you to test for multiple common STIs and infections with a single sample set. These test kits give you a full picture of your health and put you on the right path to being a happier and healthier you.
- Safe Box: This 5-panel kit screens for HIV (I & II), Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis. $189
- The V-Box: This Women’s Health test kit tests for the most common causes of abnormal vaginal discharge. This includes yeast / Candida, bacterial vaginosis, chlamydia, trichomoniasis and gonorrhea. $189
- Uber Box: This 8-panel kit screens for HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Herpes Simplex Type II, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis. $269
- Total Box: This comprehensive 14-panel test screens for HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Syphilis, Chlamydia (genital, throat, + rectal), Gonorrhea (genital, throat, + rectal), Trichomoniasis and Mycoplasma genitalium. Women who are 30 years of age and older can add the option to test for HPV as well. $369
- Love Box: This 8-panel test screens for the same infections that are included with the Uber Box, but includes a second test so that couples can test together. $499
How to Take a Gonorrhea Test At Home
Testing from home is convenient. Now that the gonorrhea test cost is no longer in your way, you can test at any time and from any place without ever stepping foot in a doctor’s office. No need for waiting rooms, awkward conversations or follow-up appointments. Instead, follow this easy process to get your secure, lab-certified results. Here’s how it works:
- Order your STD panel kit online. We even include free shipping!
- Test yourself at any time and from any place using the easy-to-follow instructions. Send your samples back to the lab with the pre-paid return envelope that comes with your kit.
- Get results online in a matter of days. You’ll receive an email, after which you can log into a secure portal for your private lab-certified results.
And don’t worry – if you test positive, you can get advice from real physician in your state via a phone consultation, free of charge. If you live in a state that allows telemedicine, that physician can even prescribe your treatment. That’s right. We’ve thought of everything so that you don’t have to. Don’t stress, just test!
- A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Interventions to Increase Repeat Testing in Patients Treated for Gonorrhea or Chlamydia at Public Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinics. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2005. .
- The Cost Effectiveness of Gonorrhea Screening in Urban Emergency Departments. Sexually transmitted diseases. 2005. .
- The incremental cost of screening, diagnosis, and treatment of gonorrhea and chlamydia in a family planning clinic. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 1989. .