Can I Take a Trich Test At Home?
Can you take a trich test at home? Absolutely! If you are sexually active, it is important for you to take a trich test. In the United States, an estimated 3.7 million people have the sexually transmitted infection Trichomoniasis. That said, over 70% of these people will never develop any symptoms. This makes it much more difficult to recognize signs of the infection and be tested as a result. Instead, it is important to test on a routine basis, regardless of whether you experience any symptoms.
Testing Options for Trich
One option is to use a trich test on its own. This is a good idea, however it is even more efficient to test for trich along with multiple other infections. By testing for several common STIs with a single sample set, you are being much more in control of your health.
- Safe Box:This 5-panel kit screens for HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis.
- Uber Box:This 8-panel kit screens for HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Herpes Simplex Type II, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis.
- Love Box: This 8-panel test screens for the same infections that are included with the Uber Box, but includes a second test so that couples can test together.
- Total Box:This comprehensive 14-panel test screens for HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Syphilis, Chlamydia (genital, throat, + rectal), Gonorrhea (genital, throat, + rectal), Trichomoniasis and Mycoplasma genitalium. Women who are 30 years of age and older can add the option to test for HPV as well.
How to Take a Trich Test At Home
Testing from home is convenient. You can take a trich test at any time and from any place. No need for doctor’s waiting rooms, awkward conversations or follow-up appointments. Instead, follow this easy process to get your secure, lab-certified results. Here’s how it works:
- Order your STD panel kit online. Don’t worry, we even include free shipping!
- Test yourself at any time and from any place using the easy-to-follow instructions. Send your samples back to the lab with the pre-paid return envelope that comes with your kit.
- Get results online in a matter of days. You’ll receive an email, after which you can log into a secure portal for your private lab-certified results.
Whether you experience symptoms of trichomoniasis or not, screening is absolutely vital. This is true even if you don’t experience symptoms. After all, Trich is one of the most curable STIs. In order to get treated, you must first get diagnosed. Don’t stress, just test!