Affordable STD Testing
The cost of affordable STD testing kits are cheaper than you may suspect. At myLAB Box, we’ve designed the cost of STD test kits to be affordable without the need for insurance. There’s a very good reason for that. This is one of many advantages of screening for STDs from the comfort of home.
Using Insurance May Not Be Your Best Option
Using insurance to help mitigate the cost of STD test results carries more risk than you may initially expect. Many people don’t realize that your results get reported back to your insurance company. Most importantly, your insurance company then reports the results to the Medical Information Bureau (MIB) database. All insurance companies, not just medical, have access to this database. It is possible for this information to be used to increase your coverage costs from any number of insurance companies. In a strange way, the hidden cost of insurance… is your privacy.
Out of Pocket? No Problem!
Now you see the hidden price of using insurance. Don’t get us wrong, we realize that the cost of STD testing without insurance is a barrier for some people. This is why we have designed our home testing options to be affordable regardless.
In fact, we make it easy to screen for the most common STDs from the comfort of home for only about half the out-of-pocket cost at clinics and other medical facilities. We even test for common women’s health issues as well.
With myLAB Box, you will still receive the same lab-certified results that you would receive from testing at a doctor’s office. As we mentioned earlier, your results will remain totally private. Thanks to our secure and confidential user portal, there is no risk of your testing data information being shared with your health insurance provider or the MIB database.
Use FSA and HSA to Lower the Cost of STD Test Kits
For our customers who require further financial assistance, there is a helping hand. You’ll be happy to learn that myLAB Box accepts most Flexible Savings Account (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) payment cards as well. To use your card, simply order your test as you normally would with any other payment method.
Testing From Home is Easy and Convenient
The myLAB Box testing process is so easy to use. It couldn’t be more convenient to test on your own time and then be able to get on with your busy life.
Here’s how it works:
- Order a home testing kit (You even get free shipping!)
- Collect a sample using the easy-to-follow instructions.
- Send the sample off for testing. (More free shipping!)
- Receive your lab-certified results online in just days.
You Can Even Test for Multiple Infections At Once
If you find out that you were exposed to a particular infection, you can test for that infection individually. Tests are available for the most common STDs, including syphilis, genital herpes (HSV-2), HIV, chlamydia and gonorrhea, Hep C and more.
That said, why not save time and money by screening for multiple infections at once? For maximum convenience, myLAB Box has designed special combination panel kits that allow you to test for all of the most common infections from the comfort of your home by using a single sample set.
- Safe Box: this 4-panel test kit screens for these top risks: HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis
- Uber Box: this 8-panel test kit screens for HSV-2, but also HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Trichomoniasis.
- Love Box: this 8-panel test kit screens for the same infections that are included with the Uber Box, but includes a second test so that couples can test together.
- Total Box: this comprehensive 14-panel test screens for HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Syphilis, Chlamydia (genital, throat, + rectal), Gonorrhea (genital, throat, + rectal), Trichomoniasis and Mycoplasma genitalium. Women who are 30 years of age and older can add the option to test for HPV as well.
As you can see, you don’t need insurance to lower the cost of STD test kits. You can save money, and your privacy, by screening from home. With myLAB Box, everything you need is available with a simple click!
So there you have it: don’t stress, just test!
Reviewed by Luis Ferdinand M. Papa, MD, MHA