5 Things To Do While Waiting for Your STD Test Results
Waiting for STD test results can be nerve-wracking. Trust us, we’ve been there. However, waiting for STD test results that may never come is even worse. Unfortunately, that is the experience some people have when they test at their local clinic. When you test at home with myLAB Box, things can be quite different.
Waiting for STD Test Results From the Clinic or Doctor’s Office
As you may know, clinics and doctor’s offices often contact you only if your results are positive. This leaves you waiting without knowing your status. The only way to know is to wait. If the results are positive, you get notified. . However, if they are negative, you will often continue to wait in limbo. In this case, you may never get a call about your test. The only way to find out for sure is to call the medical facility.
Waiting for STD Test Results From myLAB Box
Rest assured, when you test at home with myLAB Box, you will always get your results. No matter what, you will receive an email just a short time after mailing your sample to the lab. This email will let you know that your results are ready to be viewed on myLAB Box’s secure user portal. When you have some privacy, you can log into the portal and view your lab results. It’s time to take your health into your own hands!
5 Things To Do Instead of Getting Stressed While You’re Waiting for STD Test Results
We know that you have a busy life. You have better things to do than spend your time waiting for STD test results. Instead of stressing over whether or not you will hear back from the clinic, know that we’ve got your covered. In the meantime, try doing these things instead!
Update your profile if you use a dating app.
Once you get your results back, and get treated if necessary, you’ll want to get back into the dating game. Get prepared by updating you dating app profile or signing up if you’re ready to mingle!
Look at the big picture.
If you have an infection but never got tested, your symptoms may have worsened. However, as nervous as you might feel, you should know that you’ve already taken the proper steps for your health. Many sexually transmitted infections are curable. Often, all that is needed is a simple antibiotic prescription. Even the infections that aren’t curable are still treatable. If your results are positive, it isn’t the end of the world. You’re taking care of yourself and that’s great!
Surround yourself with a good support system.
If you’re nervous about your results, surround yourself with friends and family who support you. Chances are, it will help you to take your mind off your worries.
Calm your nerves.
Give yourself some ease-of-mind with some relaxation practices. Try your hand at yoga or meditation. Or, maybe your stress reliever is to go for a run. Everyone is unique, so put your focus on whatever you do to calm down. Just hold off on sex until after your get your results. That said, nothing says that you can’t have some solo time!
With myLAB Box, you probably won’t have time for a fifth thing on this list since results are always quick and reliable. But we’ll throw in another idea for good measure!
Read myLAB Box’s handy blog.
For all the education you need on sexually transmitted infections, and taking control of your sexual health, read through some other posts on this blog. After all, knowledge is power!
The Bottom Line
No more waiting for STD test results with uncertainty. With myLAB Box, your results will always arrive; and they will always be reliable. In fact, these results are the very same ones you would get from any clinic or medical facility. Now you just have the option of receiving them on your own terms. As we always say, don’t stress – just test!
Reviewed by Luis Ferdinand M. Papa, MD, MHA
- Ato Kwamena Tetteh and Edward Agyarko. Volume 2017. Discordant HIV Test Results: Implications on Perinatal and Haemotransfusion Screening for HIV Infection. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Eniola A. Bamgboye, Titilope Badru, and Afolabi Bamgboye. Volume 2017. Transactional Sex between Men and Its Implications on HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Christoph Schweikardt, Geert Goderis, Steven Elli, and Yves Coppieters. Volume 2017. Prescription of Antibiotics to Treat Gonorrhoea in General Practice in Flanders 2009–2013: A Registry-Based Retrospective Cohort Study. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Daniel Wilfred Gunda, Igembe Nkandala, Semvua Bukheti Kilonzo, Boniface Bartholomew Kilangi, and Bonaventura Cornel Mpondo. Volume 2017. Prevalence and Risk Factors of Mortality among Adult HIV Patients Initiating ART in Rural Setting of HIV Care and Treatment Services in North Western Tanzania: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Karina M. Hall, Daniel G. Brieger, Sukhita H. De Silva, Benjamin F. Pfister, Daniel J. Youlden, Franklin John-Leader, and Sabrina W. Pit. Volume 2016. Errors and Predictors of Confidence in Condom Use amongst Young Australians Attending a Music Festival. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
- Bonaventura C. T. Mpondo. Volume 2016. New Biomedical Technologies and Strategies for Prevention of HIV and Other Sexually Transmitted Infections. Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
We work only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of STD diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.
FSA / HSA cards
Single-use collection kit
Prepaid return envelope
STD Common Signs & Symptoms
Fast, Easy & Private
Order online on your mobile, tablet or PC
Collect & mail in your sample in 5 minutes
Get lab-certified results online in 1-5 days
* Free physician telemedicine consult if positive.